Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Hardest Work We Will Ever Do (But – the most important) (continued)




Well, "Now that I know it is important", you might ask, “fine, how do I do it?”  Or you may not ask, but I am going to give you what I have learned, anyway.  

First, forgiveness is a decision.  A decision which says the person I need to forgive owes me nothing.  I totally release him!  For many of us, this decision is not enough.  I know my work of forgiveness is not done when I think about the person or the situation and those old feelings rise in my heart. 

Second, I have to follow James of the Bible’s suggestion – I have to pray for my enemies.  I cannot tell you how it works, but I can tell you it works.  If I pray for the individual, asking God to bless him and give him the desires of his heart, before long the anger, bitterness and resentment goes away.



Again, I can’t explain why or how it works.  I can tell you, though, through my experience and by the power of our Lord Jesus Christ  – it works!


Here are some other helpful Bible verses on forgiveness:
  • Ephesians 4:32
  • Matthew 5:23-24
  • Matthew 6:14-15
  • Matthew 18:21-22
  • Numbers 14:19-20



Dr. David R. Sain, D.D.S.
www.smileteam4u.com

No comments:

Post a Comment